fbpx Skip to content


If a person loses mental capacity and has not put an Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney (EPA or LPA) in place an application to the Court of Protection for a Deputyship Order may be needed. The Court of Protection can appoint a Deputy for property and financial affairs to make decisions on behalf of the person who has lost mental capacity or the Court can make specific decisions about a persons health and care.

At Vale Wills Ltd we offer sensitive and timely advice on the process of applying to the Court of Protection and can assist with preparing the application paperwork. If you are caring for a loved one who no longer has the mental capacity to make their own decisions we can help you safeguard and protect their interests.